In order to control overall communication, the VTS operator will give information only when:
• berthing instructions are issued.
• ships intend to carry out a maneuver that deviates from the usual traffic pattern.
• traffic guidance is considered necessary by Port of Aqaba VTS.
• during difficult navigational or meteorological circumstances (e.g. visibility less than 2,000 meters in the approach area to terminals).
• when navigational information is requested.
• in the approach area to terminals and anchorages: a description of traffic in the vicinity and a warning of any risk of running aground.